Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Great Gatsby

I've heard so much about this book but can I confess something? I've never read it. If you have, pls share your thoughts about it with me! :)

Anyways, you know this post isn't about the book right? *grin* I've received an invite to the launch party of the Longchamp Gatsby, happening tomorrow, 11 Sep, at ION Orchard.

Sorry, I was too lazy to take a photo of the mailed invite but this was what I found online.



This is turning out to be a year of surprises and invitations galore where I got myself invited to stuff like product launches and sponsored facials and all. A very big thank you to all you angels out there who made these things possible!! *hugs & kisses*

Well, I took at peek at the Longchamp site for the preview of the Gatsby bag and so far I'm liking what I see :)



At first glance, the Gatsby reminded me a little of Hermes' Kelly and Birkin. But after reading the marketing materials (hey, what can I say, marketing works! ;P) on this, I'm starting to perk up and look at it with more interest.

Here's a write-up of the inspiration behind this new bag from the Longchamp site:
"Longchamp draws its inspiration from the Belle Époque in order to surprise us: elegant and eccentric, this new GATSBY collection pays homage to the golden age of jazz. Inspired by the androgynous beauty of women during the 1920s, this line is distinguished by its refined details and its neutral and masculine shapes which conceal a glamorous leopard-print lining. As you can see, in the image of women everywhere, the GATSBY bags keep their cards close to their chest."

"Nodding to the decadent glamour of the Jazz Age and the androgynous beauty of its heroines, the Gatsby overlays its delicate nostalgia with a very modern sensibility and an utterly contemporary design.

The Gatsby's three minimalist, almost masculine shapes are counterpointed by the sensual look of its leather, a supple, touch-me calfskin with a subtle caviar grain. Its details are elegantly understated, but all the more striking: a geometric brushed gold or polished chrome-finish lock, the Longchamp racehorse in flawless tonal stitching and, above all, a front pocket whose zipper is highlighted by a flamboyant flash of suede.

The lining tells a different story, discloses an unsuspected facet of the Longchamp woman. The luxe digitized leopard print is a secret indulgence she reveals to her intimates alone…."


My first feel of the bag: there's more than meets the eye. At first look, it looks like a classic bag with clean lines and functional designing which Longchamp is known for. Then when you start looking at details, ah, that's where the fun begins :) The inner lining of the bags are in leopard print! Which is such a big difference from the outside. I thought it felt like an elegant lady in a sharp suit but with delicately intricate lace innerwear except in this case, it comes with leopard prints *lol*

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the party tomorrow. Shall try my best to sneak in photos if I can :)


----------------
Now playing: SS501 - Take U High
via FoxyTunes


No comments: