Monday, March 8, 2010

Let's detox Day 1

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for like, ages ... Had a case of skin sensitivities (which I thot I'd never see again but well, never say never) n had to pare my skincare routine down to a bare monastic minimal.

What with the Chinese Lunar New Year & birthdays & celebrations n this n that, I've been eating like a famine is imminent and I'd better store some food, hiaks hiaks. Was chatting wif my colleagues abt this last week: one thing led to another, before I knew it, I was "enrolled" in a one week detox diet with the rest of the ladies.

Our plan is simple: lunch on 2 slices of wholemeal bread for 5 days. Sandwich fillings can include:
  • loads of veggies (no dressing except balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil or something along these lines), 
  • no meat, maybe tuna (in brine, mind you, oil is a no-no) or 
  • eggs.

So, today is day 1 :) I forgot to take photos of my lunch cos I was too busy stuffing my face. But it was gd. On today's menu:
  • 2 slices wholemeal bread, 
  • 1 piece egg omelette (courtesy of a colleague who woke up early), 
  • loads of iceberg lettuce wif balsamic vinaigrette & honey dressing 
  • a tablespoon of mashed avocado as a spread.

My ... I can't wait for dinner ... LOL.

To keep me on the straight and narrow, I shall start listing down my entire day's food intake from Day 2. Fingers' crossed, let's hope this works!


----------------
Now playing: 이홍기 (Lee Hong Ki) - 여전히 (Still)
via FoxyTunes


No comments: